[D-Scribes List] Two ICFHR Competition announcements: Greek Papyri and Medieval Hebrew Script Types and Modes

Isabelle Santaniello imarthot at d-scribes.org
Thu Jul 21 15:47:14 CEST 2022

Dear Members of d-scribes mailing list,

Please find below the announcement for two competitions in conjunction with the forthcoming 18th International Conference of Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition ICFHR2022 (http://icfhr2022.org/), which will be held in Hyderabad, India, on December 4-7.

The first one is organized by the Pattern Recognition Lab of Friedrich-Alexander-Universität, Erlangen-Nürnberg and d-scribes project. It focuses on Glyph (character) localization and Character classification of Ancient Greek Letters on Papyri. See details on the competition website

https://lme.tf.fau.de/competitions/icfhr2022-competition-on-detection-and-recognition-of-greek-letters-on-papyri/

The second is organized by a team from Shamoon College of Engineering and Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel on on Classification of Medieval Hebrew Script Types and Modes. See their announcement below.

Do not hesitate to share with interested colleagues.

Wishing you a very pleasant summer,

Isabelle Marthot-Santaniello

d-scribes.org

=======================================

I am pleased to share that with my colleagues, we are organizing a Competition on Classification of Medieval Hebrew Script Types and Modes (ICFHR2022 Competition - CMHSTM22).
This competition is organized in conjunction with the International Conference of Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition ICFHR2022 ( <http://icfhr2022.org/> http://icfhr2022.org/), which will be held in Hyderabad, India, on December 4-7.

The competition link:
 <https://lnkd.in/d2sTXfDR> https://www.kaggle.com/competitions/cmhstm22t1

Please share with your colleagues and friends who may be interested.

 --

Irina Rabaev, Ph.D

Software Engineering Department,

Shamoon College of Engineering, Beer Sheva, 84100, Israel

E-mail:  <mailto:irinar at ac.sce.ac.il> irinar at ac.sce.ac.il